Monday, June 30, 2008

Food I Had in Hong Kong

Jumbo Japan Sea Scallops Sushi. The scallops are super fresh and sweet.


This is the traditional Hong Kong style breakfast. Noodles, Steam Rice Noodles (Cheung Fun) with Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu) and Plain Rice Noodles (Cheung Fun) with soy and sesame sauce.

Steamed Fish Head with Chinese Herbs! Super Yummy! This is my favorite! I grew up eating steamed fish head and even my cousin remembers it. He specially ordered this for me when we were having Dim Sim in a tea house restaurant. How sweet of him! By the way, did you see the eye?



Chinese Dim Sum and my Jumbo Seafood Dumpling with Seafood Broth. How I miss the food in Hong Kong!


Here are something Western! As you know that I am a seafood freak, I can't go to Hong Kong without loading myself with seafood. I had a seafood buffet dinner with my nephew, my brother and a couple of our friends. I had my favorite fresh oysters, smoked salmon, etc.

This one is the Japanese BBQ Squid Balls. I couldn't get enough of it.

This one is the Hong Kong style pizza from Pizza Hut. It is called the "Sausages Bites Pizza". I didn't have a chance to try it but I will try to make it at home. The pizza looks so yummy in the picture.




These few pictures are the Shanghai Style Chinese Food. Pork Chop Fried Rice, Steamed Soup Dumplings with Crabs, Plain Steamed Soup Dumplings (Siu Lung Bao), and Hot and Spicy Soup. It was so worth waiting in line for an hour for this incredible food. Thanks Zoe (my sister) for taking me to this great restaurant.


Sushi again! Yes, I had sushi a few times during my five days trip in Hong Kong. This restaurant, Monster Sushi, is a new sushi restaurant in Mong Kok. And the owner is the famous handsome actor, Daniel Wu. Everything I had over there was great, and the price was very reasonable. The only thing that disappointed me was that I didn't see Daniel Wu in the restaurant. Oh well...
Will go there again for sure!

After having so many yummy food in Hong Kong, I really can not go back to the food and restaurants in Hawaii. Hong Kong has the best food in the world. The variety is unbelievable, and the taste and quality are amazing. One more great thing is that the price is cheap everywhere. I really want to move back right NOW!

3 comments:

Lingling said...

lucky! it's good u got to go home! love those food! they look so yummy! i miss hk too. i would love to visit sometime. hope to visit u guys over there! it's good u had a great time! take care!

Jenny said...

Glad to hear that all went well in Hong Kong. We hope your grandmother gets feeling better. Love the fish eye! Great talking to you the other day. You sound so happy. And congratulations for passing your English teaching course! You are an amazing and talented woman.

Love,
Jenny

Candyland Cafe said...

thanks Jenny! Love you so much!