Monday, June 30, 2008

My First Five Tiers Wedding Cake




I finally finished this "Giant Wedding Cake"!!! I score this cake 70 out of 100. This cake is the most difficult one I have ever made so far. The bottom cake is carrot cake with cream-cheese frosting, the next one is chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, the next one is lemon cream cake, then the next one is yellow cake with buttercream frosting, the top one is chocolate cake with chocolate frosting again. Since each frosting has different texture, it is hard to keep each tier in perfect shape. Plus, the hot and humid weather add some bad side effect to the fondant and frosting. Therefore, you can see in the picture that the bottom two cakes are kinda funny looking. Oh well... I had tried my very best. I am glad that the people in the wedding think this cake is beautiful and love the flavors of the cakes. I learned a great lesson from making this cake.

If I would have another opportunity to make a huge cake like this one in the future, I would definitely do better, much better.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Candy, everyone loved the cake! I think you did an awesome job :)
Oh, and they brought home leftovers, so I got to try the carrot cake--yummy!

Candyland Cafe said...

Thanks Jenn!

Darth Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darth Mama said...

I tried to add to my comment, but i couldn't figure out, so i will just start over.

Wow on the cake. Your cakes just get better and better each time. How will top that one?!

Jamie said...

OHMYGOSH! That is soooooo beautiful! You are so talented! I am not an expert, but I think the cake looks perfect. How much does a cake like that cost?