Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Culinary Diploma Graduation!

I went to a culinary school to get my Professional Chef Diploma in Westlake, California in September 2005. I graduated in March 2006. In those short six months, I learned so much about French Cooking and Fine Dining Cooking. I got to work with so many different interesting ingredients and got to make so many delicious dishes. I was blew away by all the incredible food that we made in class every time. It was so much fun to learn how to make high-class dishes. My teacher, Chef Cecilia De Castro, was a great teacher. She taught us so many things and she never held back any secrets. Whatever cooking questions we asked her about, she could immediately give us a clear answer. She is wonderful and I do miss her.

Here are the pictures of my graduation day banquet. We worked so hard on it. We prepared this banquet at the Hilton Hotel in Westlake for about 200 people, our friends and families. Of course, we prepared for all the food for them. I am so glad that my mom and brother were about to fly all the way from Hong Kong to this special event. Tim's parents, uncle and aunt were there also. What a great time! I do miss my wonderful and fun cooking buddies! I hope they are all doing well and keep cooking great food!






4 comments:

Darth Mama said...

I love the name of your blog, Candy! It is sooo cute. I enjoyed looking at your food. Will you have recipes? Tim is lucky to have such a talented wife. And the kids are lucky too, everyone always gets such delicious food. You inspire me. thanks for sharing your talent. You are wonderful.

Jenny said...

Great job and idea Candy!! Delicious! You are a fabulous cook--yummy.

Jenny

Kathy Ng said...

好勁呀!! 我真係好開心有個咁叻識整野食既朋友呀! 突然覺得自己朋友既身價高左10倍呀! 哈哈!

Kari said...

Way to go! Those were the good ole' days that we went out to dinner for a girls night. Went shopping together in LA. Oh how I miss that! You are so fun, and I can't wait to hear more of your yummy food!