Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Cakes I Made!


This one is another chocolate cake that I made for Tommy and Tim back in 2006. Tommy turned 2 that year. The name of this cake is Chocolate Cake with Mascarpone (Italian cream-cheese) Frosting, Whole Fresh Strawberries, and Shaved Dark Chocolate. Absolutely LOVE it!!!!



This was the first wedding cake I made ever. This cake was for my friends, Daniel Yu and Amyee Lo. Those were yellow and chocolate cupcakes with white butter-cream frosting and sugar flowers. The decoration was beautiful fresh yellow roses and green leaves. It turned out so gorgeous and elegant. The most important thing was that Daniel and Amyee loved this cake. I was so glad!
This cake was for my son, Tommy, who just turned 4 last week and for my husband, Tim, who just turned 30. Tommy picked this cake from one of my baking books. However, I didn't like the original design in the book. I changed it, of course. Tim and Tommy are both chocoholics!!! Therefore, instead of green frosting around the cake, I changed it to dark chocolate ganache. The inside was dark chocolate cake with mint Oreo cookies and whipped cream frosting. The trees are white chocolate tinted with green and dark chocolate. The guy, Diego, in the middle was a candle. He is one of the Tommy's favorite cartoon characters. My family and I loved this cake. It not only looked good but tasted very yummy also. The mint Oreo whipped cream frosting was amazing. It was actually my husband's, Tim, idea. Good job, Honey!
This one is the Winnie the Pooh Cake. It one was so difficult to make, especially the face of Pooh. It took me so long to make it right. Thanks goodness that I DID IT! The inside was yellow cake with fresh strawberries with whipped cream. The outside was butter-cream frosting. This cake actually was a two tiers cake. Pooh looks so cute!!!

This one is a 3 tiers Safari Cake for a little boy who turned 1 year old. The inside was yellow cake with butter-cream frosting. The bushes were butter cookies with green royal icing. The animals were toys. I hope I can make animals and flowers out of gum paste soon. I am actually finding books on this particular subject.
This one is the Star War Cake. The inside was dark chocolate cake with whipped cream and butter-cream frosting.
This is my first fondant cake. I was so proud of my work. I couldn't believe that I really made it. The inside was dark chocolate cake with white butter-cream frosting.

No comments: